Want to bring the rodeo into your home, but don't have any horses handy? Make your own with this fun and easy craft!
- 1 foam pool noodle (check Amazon or your local dollar store)
- Ribbon or twine to create the reins (approx. 18 inches)
- Ribbon or felt to create the mane (we used two curled ribbon bunches with adhesive backs)
- Googly eyes or permanent marker (googly eyes can be found at Target, your local dollar store, or on Amazon)
- Foam or cardstock paper for ears (print our template below!)
- Hot glue gun
- Print out the ear template and trace onto cardstock paper or foam. Cut out one pair of ears for each stick horse you are making.
- Place the ears 9 inches from the top of the noodle, and glue in place.
- Fold the rest of the noodle over, so that the ears are centered in the curve. Glue the "head" to the "neck" and hold in place until secure.
- Center the length or ribbon or twine you are using as the reins on the stick horse's "nose" and tie a knot at the back of the "neck." Add a dot of hot glue at the knot to help hold it in place. Leave the extra length to hold on to as reins!
- Add your mane! Place your mane so some of it falls over your pony's forehead and glue in place. Hold in place until the glue is set.
- Time for the final details! Either draw on the eyes with a permanent marker or glue googly eyes in place. Draw on nostrils in "c" shapes on either side of the pony's face.
- Time to rodeo!