2018 Position Overview
The Receptionist is responsible for providing excellent customer service by answering phone calls, greeting visitors at the Stampede Office front desk and supporting the day-to-day operations of the Stampede staff. Supervision is provided by the Office Operations Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Answering phones and directing calls to the appropriate representative
- Greet guests and assist them with questions and notify staff of scheduled appointments
- Support general office duties including, spreadsheets, mailings, document filing, paper shredding, restroom upkeep and mailing.
- Support the Sponsor and Donor Program with credentials and hospitality packets.
- Support the Art Show program by assisting with art delivery & inventory
- Support the Stampede Foundation by assisting with scholarship application process
- Support general event special projects as needed
- Computer skills and experience including Microsoft Office Products
- Oral and written communications skills
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness, combined with a very strong team oriented approach to work
Other Skills/ Abilities
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently; ability to present verbal and written material to media representatives and the general public
- Organizational Skills
The Receptionist is a seasonal hourly non-exempt position that is scheduled to work from mid- March or the beginning of April, 2018 to 1 or 2 days after the conclusion of the event. The position will require flexible scheduling of work to accommodate peak times:
|March and April:
||10-25 hours per week
||30-40 hours per week
||40 hours per week
||40+ hours per week
||4-8 hours per day
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.