The Special Events Assistant is a seasonal position responsible for providing support for special events at the 2020 Greeley Stampede including, but not limited to, Big Buckle Ball, Pancake Feeds, Kids Korral, and the Sponsor/Spur Donor programs. Supervision is provided by the Office Operations Manager. This position is ideal for a high school or college student seeking project-based work experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Support in planning and preparing for Free Community Pancake Breakfasts
- Support the Big Buckle Ball event
- Support the Sponsor and Donor programs with credential and hospitality packets
- Support with credential packages for Committee, volunteers, and other Stampede groups
- Support activities in the Kids Korral area
- Support general special event projects as needed
- Computer skills and experience including Microsoft Office Products
- Oral and written communications skills
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness, combined with a very strong team-oriented approach to work
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently; ability to present verbal and written material to media representatives and the general public
- Organizational skills
The Special Events Assistant is a seasonal hourly non-exempt position that is scheduled to work from the middle of May and concluding in mid-July. The position will require flexible scheduling of work to accommodate peak times.
- May: 10-20 hours per week
- June: 40 hours per week
- Event: 40+ hours per week
- Post-event: 4-8 hours per day
Compensation and Benefits
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Hourly pay rate: $13.00
- Event pass to include admission to Arena Events and Spur Club hospitality area
- No other benefits apply