The Greeley Stampede, Rooftop Rodeo Estes Park, and Larimer County Fair & PRCA Rodeo have partnered to recognize the rodeo contestant that earns the most money combined at their three rodeos in 2018.
The recipient will win the inaugural Rodeo 34 Award, receive a $3,000 gas & grocery gift card, and a championship pure beaver custom cowboy hat courtesy of Trent Johnson and Greeley Hat Works valued at $1,650. The Rodeo 34 Award recipient will also be featured during the 2018 PRCA Mountain States Circuit Finals awards ceremony at The Ranch, Larimer Country’s Fairgrounds and Events Complex in Loveland, Colorado on October 25th and 26th.
Barrel Racer Shali Lord was the winner of the 2018 Rodeo 34 award.
“This new partnership will be a great way to recognize and award the contestant that competes at all three rodeos.” said Mark Purdy, Estes Park Western Heritage, Inc. Chairman, “We felt it was important to provide items to help keep the contestant on the road like fuel and food. Hopefully we can continue to add to the prizes”
The new alliance, named after the highway that connects the three rodeos, was created to help promote the sport of rodeo. Members from the three rodeo committees will meet throughout the year to share information, cross promote and build new partnership.
“We are excited to create a stronger alliance with our neighbor rodeos.” said James Herman, former Greeley Stampede Rodeo Chair, “It is a great opportunity to learn more about their events and to provide extra incentives for contestants to compete at all three rodeos.”
2019 Rodeo 34 schedule
- Greeley Stampede June 24-July 7 www.GreeleyStampede.org
- Estes Park Rooftop Rodeo July 8-13 www.rooftoprodeo.com
- Larimer County Fair &PRCA Rodeo August 2-6 www.larimercountyfair.org
“It will be fun to watch the leaderboard as the series starts in Greeley, goes through Estes Park and then ends in Loveland.” said Richard Rule, Larimer County Fair & Rodeo Committee, “Then we get to cap it off by recognizing them during the Mountain States Circuit Finals hosted at The Ranch in October.”
In 2018, the winner of the
Rodeo 34 Award is barrel racer Shali Lord of Lamar, CO. Lord was recognized on Saturday, October 27 during the
Mountain States Circuit Finals
The top ten contestants from the series include:
- Shali Lord Barrel Racing 21 points
- Spencer Wright Saddle Bronc Riding 19 points
- Caleb Smidt Tie Down Roping 19 points
- Billy Bob Brown Team Roping 19 points
- Callum Miller Bull Riding 16.5 points
- Tracy Nowlin Barrel Racing 16 points
- Trever Nelson Steer Wrestling 16 points
- Dona Kay Rule Barrel Racing 15 points
- Jake Brown Bareback Riding 14 points
- Trell Etbauer Steer Wrestling 13.5 points