On October 1, 2016 a new Executive Committee and a new General Committee were announced to serve on the Greeley Stampede Board of Directors for the 96th Greeley Stampede. John DeWitt was named the General Chairman. The Committee also welcomed three new members; Trent Johnson, Jerry Short and Julie Jensen.
The Greeley Stampede is governed by a board of directors known as the Stampede Committee. They are a volunteer board dedicated to planning, organizing and operating Colorado’s premier summer western celebration. Member volunteers serve four-year terms and are each responsible for certain operational areas of the event.
96th Annual Greeley Stampede Committee
- General Chairman: John DeWitt, RE/MAX Alliance, Realtor
- Vice & Rodeo Chairman: James Herman, NCMC, Medical Imaging Sr. Manager
- Treasurer & Group Sales Chairman: Patty Gates, FMS Bank, Senior VP/Market Manager
- Secretary & Hospitality Chairman: Jackie Lyman, Cache Bank & Trust, VP/Investment Officer
- Grounds & Demo Derby Chairman: Guy Burke, Atmos Energy, Field Construction Supervisor
- Parking & Admissions Chairman: Chad Sanger, TurnKey Builders, Vice President
- Security Chairman: Mic Harvey, Nutreetion LandCare, Managing Partner
- Night Shows Chairman: Trent Johnson (new), Greeley Hat Works, Owner
- Beverages Chairman: Jerry Short (new), ABRA Auto, General Manager
- Vendor Chairman: Julie Jensen (new), Greeley Area Realtor Association, CEO
“We are thankful for everything that Robert Arizmendi, Ryan Scallon and Carl Moore did for the event during their time on the Committee,” said Justin Watada, Greeley Stampede General Manager. “We are excited for the new members to be an integral part of the event. The Committee greatly impacts the success of the event, but also sees firsthand how we support the community and how the community supports the Stampede.”
The Stampede Committee and staff are already working on the 2017 event. Dates have been tentatively set for June 23- July 4,2017. Visit www.GreeleyStampede.org for more information and www.GreeleyStampede.org/p/committee for the Committee photos.
ABOUT THE GREELEY STAMPEDE: The Greeley Stampede, a 501(c)4 nonprofit corporation, is the Colorado’s premiere summer western celebration. This longstanding event has grown in diversity and popularity since its inception and has provided music and rodeo entertainment to hundreds of thousands of people every summer. The Stampede was inducted in the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame in 2014 and the event was named 2015 Professional Rodeo Cowboy Association (PRCA) Mountain States Large Rodeo of the Year. The Stampede will be celebrating its 96th annual event in 2017. For more information about the Greeley Stampede visit www.greeleystampede.org.