GREELEY STAMPEDE IS HIRING A NEW PROMOTIONS COORDINATOR
The Greeley Stampede is looking for an ambitious, energetic, flexible and highly organized individual to join the team. The Promotions Coordinator will report to the General Manager and will work closely with the Marketing Coordinator to develop, create, coordinate and maintain marketing strategies to meet Greeley Stampede objectives and goals.
The Greeley Stampede is a 501c4 nonprofit corporation and Colorado’s premiere summer western celebration. The annual 10-14 day community event attracts more than 200,000 guests and features music, rodeo, food, parades, carnival and affordable family entertainment. The Promotions Coordinator will also promote and support the Greeley Blues Jam music festival.
Interested candidates are asked to email a cover letter and resume to Justin@greeleystampede.org by Wednesday, March 27, 2019. All offers of employment at the Greeley Stampede are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
- Budget, create, implement and manage promotional campaigns
- Budget, manage and oversee seasonal promotional staff and mascot program
- Create and maintain community, media & sponsor relations
- Budget, create, implement and manage Stampede special events, community events and fundraisers
- Assist and coordinate online applications processes
- Create and maintain event websites
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Utilize clear and concise communication skills & interpersonal skills
- Be detail oriented
- Have solid organizational skills and demonstrate successful management of multiple projects simultaneously with good follow through
- Operate with high energy and a positive attitude
- Apply strong written and customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Function as a team player and team leader
- Work well under pressure.
- Demonstrate experience with relevant social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Be able to work a variety of shifts and days, including weekends and evenings
- Show exceptional organizational & time management skills
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ideal candidate will have a knowledge and passion for the rodeo & western lifestyle industry
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and web-based Content Management System for event's website
- Proficient in all aspects of social media, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers, pushing, lifting, stooping, kneeling
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination
- Lift, move, and carry up to 50 pounds on occasion
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Proven ability to handle stress
- Ability to consistently work hours required. Work more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, evenings, etc.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
A full job description is available online at www.greeleystampede.org/p/jobs.
ABOUT THE GREELEY STAMPEDE: The Greeley Stampede, a 501(c)4 nonprofit corporation, is the Colorado’s premiere summer western celebration. This longstanding event has grown in diversity and popularity since its inception and has provided music and rodeo entertainment to hundreds of thousands of people every summer. The Stampede was inducted in the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame in 2014 and the event was named 2015 Professional Rodeo Cowboy Association (PRCA) Mountain States Large Rodeo of the Year. In 2018, the Stampede was voted one of the USA Today’s Top 10 Rodeos as well as the iHeart Radio Rocky Mountain Country Music Awards Event of the Year. For more information about the Greeley Stampede visit www.greeleystampede.org.